FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- • Is the Station on snow?
- No. The Station is located 5km from Jindabyne and 40kms from Perisher Ski Resort.
- • Do you offer group discounts?
- We offer special rates for school groups and can also offer discounted rates for Snowsports Hire for groups of 20 or more.
- • Do we share a room with other people?
- No. Only the people in your booking stay in your room.
- • What is a child's age?
- 5-14 years inclusive. Children aged 4 and under stay at The Station for free.
- • Can I ski at Thredbo?
- No. All guests staying at The Station must have or purchase a valid Perisher lift ticket upon check in.
- • What time can I check in?
- Check in time is after 4.00pm and check out time is before 10.00am.
- • Do you have anywhere to store luggage if I arrive early?
- Yes. We have a luggage storage area located next to the entrance of the Stockwhip Chargrill. Please ask Reception for assistance.
- • Do your rooms have bunk beds?
- No. None of our rooms have bunk beds. Our rooms have either double and/or single beds depending on the room configuration.
- • What's in the rooms?
- Motel rooms have an ensuite bathroom, bar fridge, tea & coffee making facilities and a television.
- Two bedroom self- contained apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher, lounge area with TV and two bathrooms. They can accommodate up to six guests.
- One bedroom apartments have a kitchenette, lounge area and ensuite. They can accommodate up to 3 guests.
- • Do I need to bring my own linen?
- No. We provide all bed linen including sheets, doonas and pillows for both motel rooms and apartments. Towels are also provided.
- • How many guests can sleep in a room?
- Our motel rooms vary and can sleep from two to six guests. We are unable to accommodate any more than six guests in a room due to fire regulations. This includes infants who stay for free.
- • Can I request a particular room?
- Yes. Please note that all room requests are on a request basis only and cannot be guaranteed.
- • Will my room be serviced every day?
- We provide a daily mini service on all stays (excluding self contained apartments)
- • Where can I eat?
- We have a range of dining facilities to cater to all tastes.
The Stockwhip Bistro is open for breakfast from 6.30am to 8.30am offering a sit down cooked breakfast or if you are in a hurry to reach the slopes, why not grab an egg & bacon roll and take away coffee.
For dinner, choose from our self-serve buffet in The Stockwhip Bistro or dine in our Chargrill Restaurant with nightly specials from $15. If you are looking for something for the kids, try out our famous pizzas from On The Run.
- • What is there to do at night time?
- Happy Jack's Tavern has FREE entertainment every night, including bands and soloists, as well as bingo, trivia, poker and pool competitions.
The Station is the premier entertainment venue in the Snowy Mountains and Sundowners has featured some of Australia's best bands including Art V's Science, The Herd, Potbelleez, The Cat Empire, Ministry Of Sound, Xavier Rudd and Jimmy Barnes, just to mention a few.
- • Do I need a deposit for ski and board hire?
- Yes. Snowsports Hire will require a deposit as a guarantee for return of all hire gear. A $100 per person deposit is required for hire of skis or snowboards. The deposit can be paid as cash or by credit card.
- • What happens if I have a problem with my hire gear on the mountain?
- If you have any problems with your hire gear, you can go into any Perisher Snowsports outlet located at Perisher, Smiggins or Blue Cow and ask for assistance.
- • Can we pre-book our hire gear?
- Yes. All hire gear can be pre-booked and paid for before arrival.
- • When can I pick my hire up?
- The Station Snowsports hire is open the following hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7.30am – 10.30am and 4.00pm – 6.00pm
Friday: 7.30am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 6.30am – 11.30am and 4.00pm - 6.00pm
Sunday: 7.00am – 6.30pm
- • I have never skied or snowboarded before, do I need lessons?
- We recommend lessons for everyone who has never tried skiing or snowboarding to ensure your first experience is safe and enjoyable. We offer a full range of lesson options including kids programs. Please ask your consultant for further details.
- • Does everyone have to ski?
- The majority of the guests staying in the room must hold or purchase a Perisher lift ticket upon arrival.
- • Can I upgrade my lift tickets to include the Skitube when I arrive?
- You are able to upgrade your lift tickets to include the Skitube after arrival at either Reception or the Skitube terminal. However, it is advisable to purchase the Skitube when you book to avoid queues on arrival.
FINALISING A BOOKING
- • When do we need to pay?
- If you are booking before 1 June, a 25% deposit is required and full payment will be due 8 weeks prior to arrival. If you book after 1 June, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- • When will you send a confirmation letter?
- We will send a confirmation letter when we receive the full deposit amount and again when we receive full payment of the booking.
- • How do I get to The Station?
- After heading into Jindabyne from Cooma, turn left at the second roundabout onto Barry Way. Follow this road for 6 kms and turn left onto Snowy River Way. We are located 300 metres on the left.
- • How far is it to the Skitube?
- The Skitube is 25kms from The Station, about a 20 minute drive in good weather conditions.
- • How far is The Station from Perisher Ski Resort?
- Perisher Ski Resort is 37kms from The Station, about a 40 minute drive in good weather conditions. Please note you must always carry snow chains when driving up to Perisher regardless of the weather conditions. Four wheel drive cars are exempt.
- • Do I need chains to drive to the Skitube?
- Not often, but occasionally there is enough snow on the road to create problems. If you are unsure of the weather conditions, please check with Reception before you leave as they receive regular road condition updates. You can hire snow chains from our Snowsports hire.
- • Is there a fee to park at Perisher or the Skitube?
- No. Parking is free at both locations.
- • What is the National Park entry fee?
- The National Parks and Wildlife Service charge a park entry fee of $27 per car per day to enter the National Park when driving up to Perisher Ski Resort. The fee is payable at the gates.
- • Can I catch a bus from Jindabyne to The Station?
- No, there is no bus service available from Jindabyne. However a taxi service is available.
- • Is there a shuttle bus to the Skitube or Perisher?
- Snowlink provides a shuttle bus service to Perisher and also to the Skitube. This service departs from The Station at 7.45pm daily. Contact Reception for more details.