Frequently Asked Questions
- • I missed out on purchasing a 2013 Freedom Pass last year. Can I still purchase one now?
- Unfortunately, the Freedom Pass was a limited time offer, and is no longer available for purchase for 2013. Other Perisher Season Pass products can be purchased from the online store.
- • When is my final balance due?
- The final balance will be charged on 1st May 2013 to the card you nominated when you purchased your pass. Both the deposit and the final balance are non-refundable and non-transferable. If your payment is unsuccessful, your Freedom Pass will not be activated, and you will not be able to collect your pass.
- • My credit card details have changed. What do I do?
- We understand that you may have changed credit card providers or the credit card used to pay your first instalment may have expired and you will need to update you details. If this is the case please click here to update your details.
- • I still have my 2012 Season Pass. Do I need to get a new pass?
- Well done! If you still have your 2011 or 2012 Season Pass your Freedom Pass will be automatically loaded to your existing pass. No need to come in to the ticket office – just head straight to the lifts!
- • I've lost my old pass – what do I do?
- If you come in to any Perisher Ticket Office, your pass can be replaced on the spot, and your old pass will become inactive. Your first replacement is free; however any subsequent replacements will incur a $36 replacement fee.
- • I have never had a Freedom Pass before. How do I collect my pass?
- If you've never had a Freedom Pass before – welcome aboard! You can collect your Freedom Pass from any Perisher Ticket Office. You will need to provide Photo ID, and any children, students or senior passes will require proof of age. New pass holders must have their photo taken, or you can upload them via the online store: Sign-In (top right hand corner), once signed in go to go to My Account (top right hand corner), then follow the prompts on left side menu.
- • I have paid for a Freedom Pass, but now I'm unable to use it. Can I get a refund or credit?
- This is only an option if you added Pass Refund Protection when you initially purchased your pass, and the reason is covered in the Terms & Conditions. Otherwise, Freedom Passes are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another person or another season.
- • What happens if I forget my pass?
- You can purchase a replacement pass from any Perisher Ticket Office by showing photo ID and paying $36. Your old pass will become inactive.
- • What are the Freedom Pass discounts and benefits and how do I stay up to date with any offers in 2013?
- Current benefits are:
Make sure your contact details are up to date, in particular your email address and mobile phone number. These can be updated in the MyRide online store - Sign-In (top right hand corner), once signed in go to go to My Account (top right hand corner), then follow the prompts on left side menu, or, go to any Perisher Ticket Office. This will ensure you're able to take full advantage of the current and future benefits of the Freedom Pass. This will also enable us to send you reminders and confirmation of the final payment in May.
- 15% off at Perisher owned Food & Beverage outlets and at Slopestyle Mountain Sports
- Free First Tracks on the Ridge Chairlift
- Stay at the Station with up to 6 people per room from only $79 per night - subject to availability*
- FREE Night Skiing and Night Park
Prices and services are subject to change at the proprietor's absolute discretion. Prices include GST.
The major credit cards that can be used throughout the majority of the resort are American Express, Visa and MasterCard.