International Employees

International Employees

Our guests come from around the world – and so do our staff. For the majority of our positions, overseas applicants need to have their own visa organised, with the appropriate rights to work in Australia.

All visas must be valid until the end of the season (late Sept/ early Oct). If you're successful in gaining employment with Perisher, you will be asked to supply a copy of your visa and passport.

For further information regarding working visas, visit the website of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, or contact the Australian Consulate in your country.

Extensions to a previous Working Holiday Visa

To gain a second Working Holiday Visa, Australian Immigration states that you must have completed three months of 'specified work' in regional Australia. Unfortunately, working at Perisher Ski Resort does not qualify as 'specified work' in regional Australia.

Sponsored Visas

Due to a 'ceiling' on the number of Sponsored Visas offered under our Labour Agreement, Perisher is only able to sponsor a person for a role that can't be filled through the domestic employment market. Key roles include qualified Snowsports Instructors, Qualified Chefs and Snow Groomers with at least two to three seasons of experience in this role.

Applications can only be received from International Applicants who can supply all the documentation required by Immigration to fulfil the Sponsored Visa criteria, including proof of current qualifications.

Should you be successful in gaining a Sponsored Visa role with Perisher, we will notify you of the next steps needed to secure your Visa.

For more information on Working Holiday Visas please visit the Department of Home Affairs website


Perisher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome foreign applicants and diverse cultures. All our employees must have a competent grasp of the English language and be able to communicate clearly with co-workers and guests, both for safety and customer service. Please be prepared to go through the interview process and provide your resume in English.

Tax File Number

To be eligible to work in Australia, you will need to obtain a Tax File Number. Please visit the Australian Tax Office website for more information.


Superannuation refers to Australia's retirement program/pension fund. Employers are required by law to pay an additional amount, based on a percentage of an employee's salaries and wages (currently 9.5%) into a complying superannuation fund.

There are a number of options for claiming tax and superannuation back when returning to your country of residence. This information will be provided to all successful applicants via email. 

Perisher Jobs
Quick View
Top:2.9 ° c
Village: - ° c
Perisher Valley
- km/h | NW