FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Last Chance to Lock-in Year-Round Skiing at Perisher, Whistler, and 10 Additional World-Class Mountains in the U.S for only $49 Upfront
- Monday 26, February, 2018, marks the last chance to take advantage of only AU$49 upfront and lock in the best available price on Australia's best value ski-pass, the Epic Australia Pass
- Prices rise on Monday 26, February
- Epic Australia Pass offers Australian skiers access to ski 12 World-Class Resorts, at a price unmatched, including unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Perisher for the 2018 ski season and skiing at Whistler Blackcomb and the Best of the U.S., including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Park City and more during the 2018-2019 ski season
- Australia's best value ski-pass is priced at just AU$819 for adults, AU$462 for students and AU$588 for seniors, paying for itself in under five days of skiing
- Pass holders can upgrade their Epic Australia Pass and get unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Stowe, Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – February 5, 2018 – Monday 26, February will be the last day for Australian skiers and snowboarders to purchase the Epic Australia Pass at a price unmatched and to take advantage of only AU$49 upfront to lock in the best value ski pass. The Epic Australia Pass is the most flexible ski-pass for Australians, offering year-round skiing across 12 world-class resorts including the largest and most celebrated in Canada, the U.S. and Australia, at a price unmatched. At just AU$819 for adults, AU$462 for students and AU$588 for seniors, the Epic Australia Pass pays for itself in under five days, with season-long skiing at Perisher and access to the Best of the U.S. and Whistler Blackcomb. Pass holders who pay only AU$49 upfront, ensure they enjoy the best available low price and won't have to make full payment until May 1, 2018.
Australian skiers and snowboarders can enjoy unlimited access to Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe region of California and Nevada; and unlimited, unrestricted access to Perisher; in addition to 10 days at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek and Stowe, combined (some holiday restrictions apply). This is the perfect pass for Australians planning a ski holiday to the U.S. or Canada, looking for a season of skiing and riding at Perisher, or both.
"The Epic Australia Pass offers exceptional value to Australian skiers and riders. Pass holders enjoy year-round access to the biggest and most celebrated resorts across Canada, the U.S. and Australia," said Peter Brulisauer, chief operating officer at Perisher.
As a year-round ski-pass, the Epic Australia Pass starts with the 2018 Perisher ski season and concludes with the 2018-2019 North American ski season, November 2018 through May 2019. Passes are sold exclusively at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au and are on sale now.
Australian skiers and snowboarders who do not want to navigate holiday restrictions in the U.S. and Canada, or who want more than 10 days combined at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek and Stowe, can upgrade their Epic Australia Pass. The upgraded Epic Australia Pass gives pass holders unlimited, unrestricted access to the full 2018 Perisher ski season and the Best of the U.S. and Canada during the 2018-2019 ski season providing pass holders with limitless skiing and riding experiences.
Vail Resorts 2018-19 Upgrades:
- Epic Australia pass holders can look forward to CAD$66-million in new improvements at Whistler Blackcomb for the 2018-2019 season – the largest single-year capital investment program in the resort's history. The focus will be on three new lifts, including a new gondola on Blackcomb Mountain and other lift infrastructure upgrades to make for easier, faster and more comfortable access to terrain. The 10-passenger gondola will replace the Wizard and Solar chairlifts and will ascend from the base to the top of Blackcomb Mountain, terminating adjacent to the existing PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola. Upon completion, the new gondola will offer guests a more comfortable and weather-protected experience as part of the first three-gondola connection in the world, enhancing the longest continuous lift system. The capital plan also includes lift upgrades in Whistler Blackcomb's Family Ski Zone and the existing Catskinner triple-passenger lift will be replaced with a four-passenger high-speed lift.
- Following Vail Resorts' historic US$50 million investment to combine Park City and Canyons into the largest mountain resort in the U.S. in 2015, the next significant investment to the destination will focus on the resort's mountain dining and family experiences. The new High Meadow Family Fun Zone at Canyons Village will offer guests a dedicated learning area accessed by the new High Meadow four-passenger lift. Additionally, the legendary Mid-Mountain Lodge will undergo a transformative renovation to create a new mountain-contemporary design, the historic Miners' Boarding House will pay tribute to the resort's history and heritage and Cloud Dine, which was completely remodeled in 2014 as a modern, mountaintop bistro, will gain an additional 200 seats to increase guest capacity by more than 60 percent. With Park City's dining investments, every major on-mountain restaurant has been re-imagined within the last three years.
Additional Vail Resorts' season pass information:
- Epic Australia Pass™: The best value to ski and snowboard the Best Resorts in North America. Ideal for Australians looking for year-round skiing and snowboarding; access to the best skiing in the U.S. & Canada, plus locally at Perisher. This pass is for those who can navigate some holiday restrictions in the U.S. and Canada in order to enjoy the lowest guaranteed price. For AU$819, get unlimited, unrestricted access to Perisher during the 2018 season, and access to Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City in Utah; and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe, California; and 10 days at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek and/or Stowe, combined, during the 2018-2019 season. All North American resort access is subject to certain holiday restrictions (23/11/18 – 24/11/18; 19/12/18 – 31/12/18; 12/1/18; 16/2/19 – 17/2/19; 9/3/19; 16/3/19; 23/3/19). On sale now at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
- Upgrade the Epic Australia Pass™: Pass holders can elevate their skiing and snowboarding experience by upgrading the Epic Australia Pass to avoid holiday restrictions at the best resorts in the U.S. & Canada and have unlimited, unrestricted access to Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek and Stowe for the 2018-2019 ski season, in addition to all other Vail Resorts' destinations. Visit www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
- Epic Pass Club: All 2018 Epic Australia Pass holders are automatically enrolled in the Epic Pass Club, an exclusive community that helps skiers and snowboarders get even more value out of their pass through exclusive deals in the U.S and Canada on airport transfers, equipment rentals, mountain dining and more. Australian pass holders can also enjoy an additional 20% off the lowest available accommodation rates at Vail Resorts' unparalled mountains at the Best of the U.S. Learn more at www.epicpassclub.com.
Pass Refund Protection
Vail Resorts encourages guests to purchase Pass Refund Protection, which provides guests with a refund in the case of a "season ending" injury, illness, pregnancy or relocation overseas, for only AU$41 for Adults, AU$21 for Students and AU$29 Seniors. Find out more at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
About Perisher Ski Resort
Perisher is Australia's largest and favourite ski resort, consisting of four distinct mountain areas: Perisher Valley, Blue Cow, Smiggin Holes, and Guthega. With the he base of the resort at 1,720m and the peak 2,054m, Perisher is renowned for its snow consistency. Boasting an incredible 47 lifts and 1,245 hectares of diverse terrain to explore, Perisher caters to all levels of skiers, snowboarders and those just wanting to try something new and exciting.
For the snow enthusiasts, there are over 100 groomed runs offering more groomed terrain than any other resort in the southern hemisphere and plenty of off-piste powder stashes to discover. For first-timers of all ages, Perisher's Snowsports School instructors provide expert tuition. There are a host of other great on-snow activities to find at Perisher including: night skiing, fireworks evenings, seven terrain parks, tube town, over 100km of marked cross-country trails, magnificent mountain views, cafes, bars, retail stores, fine dining and a great nightlife.
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading global mountain resort operator. Vail Resorts' subsidiaries operate 11 world-class mountain resorts and three urban ski areas, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada; Perisher in Australia; Stowe in Vermont; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Vail Resorts owns and/or manages a collection of casually elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning and development subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.