FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
2019 Epic Australia Pass on Sale Now: Ski Perisher, Hakuba Valley, Whistler Blackcomb & Best of the U.S.
- The Epic Australia Pass offers Australian skiers and riders the best value to ski 28 world-class resorts, including unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Perisher for the 2019 ski season; access to North America’s best resorts including Whistler Blackcomb and Vail; and five consecutive days across Hakuba Valley for the 2019-20 season
- Upgrade your Epic Australia Pass for unlimited, unrestricted access to 19 resorts, including Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek, Park City and more during the 2019-2020 season
- Vail Resorts is investing AU$4.2 million into Perisher for a new quad chairlift and a significant snowmaking project to be ready for the 2019 winter
- Lock in year-round skiing now for only AU$49 upfront at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au
- Guests can lock in the guaranteed lowest price on Australia’s best value ski pass now for AU$799 for adults, AU$449 for students and AU$599 for seniors, paying for itself in under four days skiing
BROOMFIELD, Colo. - August 16, 2018 – Four countries, 28 resorts, one incredible pass. Skiers and snowboarders who are eager to ski year-round can start planning for next season because the 2019 Epic Australia Pass is on sale today. The Epic Australia Pass is the most flexible ski pass for Australians, offering global year-round skiing at a price unmatched. Guests can lock in Australia’s best value ski pass now for only AU$49 upfront, securing the guaranteed lowest price of AU$799 for adults, AU$449 for students and AU$599 for seniors. The Epic Australia Pass pays for itself in under four days, with year-around skiing in Australia, Japan, Canada and the Best of the U.S.
Australian skiers and snowboarders can enjoy unlimited, unrestricted access to Perisher and Crested Butte* in Colorado, as well as unlimited access to world-class resorts in Colorado (Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin), Utah (Park City), Lake Tahoe (Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood) and others. In addition, Epic Australia Pass holders now get five days at the nine resorts within Hakuba Valley, Japan with no blackout dates and ten combined days at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail and Beaver Creek (some North American holiday restrictions apply).
“Vail Resorts is excited to offer the Epic Australia Pass with more access than ever before. Year-round access starts at Perisher, Australia’s favourite ski resort, and offers 2019-2020 access to the most iconic ski resorts in the U.S., Canada and Japan,” said Peter Brulisauer, chief operating officer at Perisher. “There is truly no better pass on the market.”
Australian skiers and snowboarders who do not want to navigate holiday restrictions in the U.S. and/or Canada or who want more than 10 days combined at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail and Beaver Creek, can upgrade their Epic Australia Pass. The upgraded Epic Australia Pass gives pass holders unlimited, unrestricted access to the full 2019 Perisher ski season and the Best of the U.S. and Canada during the 2019-2020 ski season.
Epic Australia Pass holders can also protect their plans from unforeseen circumstances by purchasing Pass Refund Protection at a new low price of only AU$25, AU$15 for Students and AU$20 for Seniors. Protect yourself in case of a "season ending" injury, illness, pregnancy or relocation overseas.
In time for the 2019 season, Epic Australia Pass holders can look forward to AU$4.2 million of capital investments into Perisher, including a new quad chairlift replacing the Leichhardt T- Bar and a significant snowmaking project. The new quad chairlift will increase lift capacity by 75% in one of Perisher's most popular areas and will access fantastic beginner, intermediate and advanced runs as well as the famous Leichhardt Terrain Park. The new snowmaking project will link Happy Valley to the base of this new chairlift and will ensure that terrain in this part of the resort can be opened earlier, providing great conditions across the entire winter. This major investment to improve the guest experience at Perisher follows the installation of the Freedom Quad Chairlift in the Guthega area of the resort in 2014 and over AU$25 million in snowmaking improvements.
Additional Vail Resorts’ season pass information:
- Epic Australia Pass™: The best value to ski and snowboard the best resorts in the U.S., Canada and Japan. Ideal for Australians looking for year-round skiing and snowboarding, plus local access at Perisher. For AU$799, get unlimited, unrestricted access to Perisher during the 2019 season; unlimited, unrestricted access to Crested Butte in Colorado; Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire; Okemo in Vermont; and Stevens Pass in Washington State during the 2019-2020 season. Navigate limited holiday access to Breckenridge, Park City, Heavenly and more; 10 days at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail and Beaver Creek combined; 5 consecutive days with no blackouts in Hakuba Valley, Japan during the 2019-2020 season. North American resort access, with the exception of Crested Butte, Mount Sunapee, Okemo and Stevens Pass, is subject to certain holiday restrictions (29/11/19 – 30/11/19; 19/12/19 – 31/12/19; 18/1/20; 15/2/20 – 16/2/20; 7/3/20; 14/3/20; 21/3/20). Unlimited, unrestricted access to Crested Butte, Mount Sunapee and Okemo on the Epic Australia Pass are all pending closure of these transactions and are expected to close in August 2018.On sale now at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au
- Upgrade the Epic Australia Pass: Pass holders can elevate their skiing and snowboarding experience by upgrading the Epic Australia Pass to avoid holiday restrictions in the best resorts in the U.S. & Canada for unlimited, unrestricted North American access to Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Park City, and more for the 2019-2020 ski season. Visit www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
- Lock in the Epic Australia Pass for only AU$49: Guests can lock in Australia’s best value ski pass now for only AU$49 upfront, securing the guaranteed lowest price of AU$799 for adults, AU$449 for students and AU$599 for seniors, at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
- Pass Refund Protection: Vail Resorts encourages guests to purchase Pass Refund Protection. A refund in the case of a "season ending" injury, illness, pregnancy or relocation overseas, for a new low price of only AU$25 for Adults, AU$15 for Students and AU$20 Seniors. Without Pass Refund Protection no refunds will be offered in any circumstances. Must be purchased at the time you buy your Epic Australia Pass. Find out more at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au
- Epic Pass™: If you don’t want to wait until 2019 to hit the slopes, for only US$899, the Epic Pass offers unlimited, unrestricted access to 19 mountain resorts plus additional access to 46 more, including 20 new mountains for the 2018-19 season. Discover 65 of the world’s premier resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Austria. The Epic Pass pays for itself in just over four days of skiing or snowboarding. Learn more at www.epicpass.com.
- The Epic Pass Club: All 2019 Epic Australia Pass holders are automatically enrolled in the Epic Pass Club, an exclusive community that helps skiers and snowboarders get even more value out of their pass through exclusive deals in the U.S., Canada and Australia on airport transfers, lessons, equipment rentals, mountain dining and more. Australian pass holders can also enjoy an additional 20% off the lowest available accommodation rates at Vail Resorts’ iconic mountains at the Best of the U.S. Learn more at www.epicpassclub.com.
* Unlimited, unrestricted access to Crested Butte, Mount Sunapee, Okemo and Stevens Pass on the Epic Australia Pass are all pending closure of these transactions.
Vail Resorts Newsroom: http://news.vailresorts.com
Perisher Newsroom: https://www.perisher.com.au/perisher-news/perisher-now
Perisher Images (credit ‘Vail Resorts’): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrw2zvratxg61dv/AACE648i7QPQjoTQ6z-nXU0wa?dl=0
Whistler Blackcomb Images (credit ‘Vail Resorts’): https://vailresorts.box.com/s/777fkwrgm4hhsy3q2vywi4wfcq26f3qq
Hakuba Valley Images (credit ‘Vail Resorts’): https://vailresorts.box.com/s/wgclf0w49fuoa6549wih1ubl9hfiibsu
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading global mountain resort operator. Vail Resorts’ subsidiaries operate 11 world-class mountain resorts and three urban ski areas, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada; Perisher in Australia; Stowe in Vermont; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Vail Resorts owns and/or manages a collection of casually elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning and development subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.