Whistler Blackcomb Resort is Now Epic
- Whistler Blackcomb is now on the Epic Australia Pass, giving Australians access to the largest and most visited resort in North America
- All 2017 Epic Australia Pass holders with 2017 Perisher access and 2017-18 North American access will receive 10 days of skiing and snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb during the 2017-18 ski season
- The 2017 Epic Australia Pass is on sale now for AU$789, at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au
- All current 2016 Epic Australia Pass holders with 2016-17 North American access and 2016-17 Epic Pass holders will receive five complimentary days at Whistler Blackcomb this winter as a sneak preview
BROOMFIELD, Colo.—Oct. 17, 2016—Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today announced that the Company has closed on the acquisition of Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia, Canada. Purchasers of the 2017 Epic Australia Pass, on sale now at AU$789 with access to Perisher in 2017 and Vail Resorts' North American mountain resorts in 2017-18, will now receive 10 days at Whistler Blackcomb during the 2017-18 ski season at the same low price. Some holiday restrictions apply. Vail Resorts' industry-leading season passes provide the best value for Australians looking to ski and snowboard the biggest and best resorts in Canada, the United States and Australia.
"We're thrilled to officially welcome Whistler Blackcomb to our collection of world-class mountain resorts and to be able to offer our 2017 Epic Australia Pass holders access to North America's largest mountain resort with 10 days of skiing and snowboarding during the 2017-18 ski season," said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. "With more than 200 trails, over 3,270 hectares of terrain and 16 alpine bowls, Whistler Blackcomb offers Epic Australia Pass holders even greater choices in skiing and riding between Perisher and the best of North America."
With the Epic Australia Pass, Australian skiers and snowboarders can enjoy unlimited access to Perisher in 2017 plus 10 total days at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail and/or Beaver Creek combined (holiday restrictions apply), and unlimited access to Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City in Utah; and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe region of California and Nevada during the 2017-18 ski season. This is the perfect pass for Australians planning a ski holiday to the U.S. and now Canada.
All North American access with the 2017 Epic Australia Pass can be used anytime during the 2017-18 ski season with the exception of the following restricted holiday dates: Nov. 24-25 and Dec. 19-31, 2017; and Jan. 13, Feb. 17-18 and March 10, 17 and 24, 2018.
Want to ski Whistler Blackcomb during the 2016-17 winter?
Even though Perisher's ski season has recently ended, all 2016 Epic Australia Pass holders will automatically receive five complimentary days at Whistler Blackcomb to be used during this upcoming 2016-17 winter season in the northern hemisphere, with holiday restrictions.
Guests who would like to ski and snowboard at Whistler Blackcomb in 2016-17 but do not have the 2016 Epic Australia Pass are encouraged to purchase the Epic Pass with unlimited, unrestricted access to Vail Resorts' North American resorts in 2016-17 and Perisher in 2017. The Epic Pass also includes five complimentary days at Whistler Blackcomb with holiday restrictions during the 2016-17 season.
The five complimentary days of skiing and snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb with the 2016 Epic Australia Pass and 2016-17 Epic Pass can take place any time during the 2016-17 winter season with the exception of the following restricted holiday dates: Nov. 25-26, Dec. 26-31, 2016; and Jan. 14 and Feb. 18-19, 2017. The days do not have to be used consecutively.
- The 2017 Epic Australia Pass™: Ideal for Australians looking for year-round skiing and snowboarding; access to the best of North America, plus locally at Perisher. This pass is for those who can navigate some American holiday restrictions. For AU$789, get 10 total days at Whistler Blackcomb in Canada, Vail and/or Beaver Creek, combined. Plus unlimited, unrestricted access to Perisher during the 2017 season, and unlimited access to Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City in Utah; and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe, California during the 2017-18 ski season. All North American resort access is subject to certain holiday restrictions: Nov. 24-25 and Dec. 19-31, 2017; and Jan. 13, Feb. 17-18, and March 10, 17 and 24, 2018. On sale now at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
- Upgrade the Epic Australia Pass: Pass holders can elevate their skiing and snowboarding experience by upgrading the Epic Australia Pass to avoid holiday restrictions at the North American resorts and enjoy unlimited, unrestricted access to Whistler Blackcomb, Vail and Beaver Creek during the 2017-18 ski season, in addition to all Vail Resorts' mountains. Visit www.epicaustraliapass.com.au.
- The 2016-17 Epic Pass™: Ski year-round; unlimited, unrestricted skiing and snowboarding at the best resorts in North America and Australia for only US$849. The Epic Pass pays for itself in just over four days of skiing or snowboarding in North America. Enjoy full access to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood at Lake Tahoe; Afton Alps in Minnesota; Mt. Brighton in Michigan; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; and Perisher in Australia for the 2017 season. The Epic Pass also grants limited access to Verbier and the 4 Vallees in Switzerland, Les 3 Vallees in France, Arlberg in Austria, and Skirama Dolomiti Adamello Brenta in Italy. No restricted dates. Now with five free days at Whistler Blackcomb with holiday restrictions in 2016-17. A child pass (ages five to 12) is US$439. On sale for a limited time only.
About Whistler Blackcomb
North America's premier four-season mountain resort, located in the coastal mountains of British Columbia, Canada, Whistler Mountain and Blackcomb Mountain are two side-by-side mountains connected by the world record-breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, which combined offer more than 200 trails, over 3,270 hectares of terrain, 16 alpine bowls and three glaciers. The resort receives on average more than 1,170 centimeters of snow annually, and offers one of the longest ski seasons in North America. In summer, Whistler Blackcomb offers a variety of activities, including hiking and biking trails, the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, and sightseeing on the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola. Whistler Blackcomb has been named the #1 ski resort in North America by SKI Magazine in four out of the past five years.
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading global mountain resort operator. Vail Resorts' subsidiaries operate 10 world-class mountain resorts and three urban ski areas, including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Whistler Blackcomb in Canada; Perisher in Australia; Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan. Vail Resorts owns and/or manages a collection of casually elegant hotels under the RockResorts brand, as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning and development subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.