Before skiers and boarders took over this area, Perisher Valley was home to graziers in the summer months and occasionally livestock were trapped in the high country during unseasonal blizzards. Braving the full force of a blizzard as they crested the Gap, the feeling among the graziers was - "This is truly a perisher!". The term "Perisher" meant extreme and amazing, which perfectly describes Perisher today.
Perisher Valley has a great range of terrain from beginner runs at Happy Valley, through to advanced terrain like Olympic and Mt Perisher. With one of our five terrain parks and Australia's only Superpipe housed on Front Valley, it's a very active and exciting place to be.
Perisher Valley has a large range of areas for beginner and intermediate skiers but also happily accommodates our advanced guests. With extra snow activities such as marked cross country trails, night skiing two nights a week throughout the season for extra fun, nothing compares to the terrain we have, it's just up to you to explore it.
- How to get to Perisher
Driving to Perisher is a 30 minute drive from Jindabyne Town Centre. This is a great way to see our beautiful landscape and get some pretty spectacular views of Jindabyne. We have a large car park that is available for day use only, and then walk from your car right onto the snow. If you're driving to Perisher, keep in mind that you're legally required to carry properly fitting chains in any vehicle other than 4WD's within the National Park. All details about entering the National Parks can be found here.
The other option is to jump on board the Skitube, our Alpine Railway! This is an easy and convenient way to get from Bullocks Flat to Perisher Valley being only 20 minutes from Jindabyne with no National Parks fees, easy free parking and generally no need for chains (this can change with weather, so be sure to check the road reports before leaving Jindabyne).Learn more
- Accommodation at Perisher
Looking for ski in, ski out accommodation while you're here at Perisher? The Perisher Valley Hotel is known for its perfect location and first class views of Front Valley to enjoy an amazing sunrise each morning. It's here you can enjoy meals at Snow Gums Restaurant or indulge in pampering after a long day on the slopes.
Looking to stay in Jindabyne while you're here? The Station is a great accommodation option with amazing deals throughout the season and only minutes from the town centre of Jindabyne. Our motel rooms are an affordable option that accommodate up to six people. We also have self contained apartments available for those wanting a little more independence. With a big range of restaurants and free WIFI available, you'll be relaxing and checking out your Dashboard pics from the day in no time.
Check out our accommodation finder which will give you options based on location, price and dates available.Learn more
- Lessons and Hire at Perisher
Whether it is learning the basics or getting ready to jump up to that next level, we've got you sorted. Before you lock in your ticket, make sure you check out our customised bundles that will make planning your trip easier than ever before, and it's a great way to save up to 25% on your holiday!
Kids and Teens Bundles are also available and allow the youngsters to learn the basics and develop their confidence in a safe environment with professionals, so they can start enjoying the mountain with you!
You can also book your hire online and collect it from Perisher Valley when you arrive! This saves you cramming your hire equipment into the car when driving through Cooma or Jindabyne, and can also save you money! Save both time and money by combining the products you need and leave off the ones you don't, it's that easy.Learn more
- Terrain at Perisher
Perisher is home to some of our greatest runs and has something for all ability levels. When you're ready to explore after learning the basics, there's an amazing range of Green, Blue and Black runs to be found at Perisher.
Centre Valley is ideal for beginner to intermediate riders, Happy Valley gives intermediates some fun runs to explore and then head over to Mt Perisher which shows off some great Black runs for the more advanced riders.
To map out which runs you'll head for first, check out our trail map
- Parks and Pipes at Perisher
We've got Australia's largest range of parks and pipes, with seven parks and two pipes across our four resort areas. For the first timers in the parks, Yabby Flat Mini Park, Jump City and Mt Piper Fun Park are great places to start.
For the more advanced riders, check out the Leichhardt Terrain Park, Front Valley Slopestyle and the Half-Pipe.
For regular updates on our Parks & Pipe, check out our Instagram or sign up to receive our daily snow reports.
- Restaurants at Perisher
The restaurant options at Perisher are incredible and there's something to satisfy everyone's tastebuds.
Perisher Skitube Terminal and Perisher Centre
- Aldo's Café and Pizzeria offers some of the best pizza and Italian food around. Aldo's also has great views of Front Valley.
- Before you get on the Skitube or back in your car, make sure you pick up some Li'l Orbits! These are some of the best baby donuts and you'll definitely come back for more.
- If you're after some quick snacks and drinks, go no further than JJ's Mountain Kiosk.
- Perisher Centre Brunelli's Café is where you'll find some of the best hot chocolates and coffee in the area. With a great range of snacks and homemade pastries, this is a great place to refuel or kick off the day.
- Looking for a quick bite to eat to then get back on the slopes? Kebabz has got you covered with their popular kebabs, chicken, wedges and salads.
- Ski Rock Cafe brings you a great range of snacks and quick breakfast or lunches to get you refreshed to get back out on the hill.
- Sundance Bakery provides some great baked pastries, pies and cakes as well as fresh salad rolls for you to have on the go.
- The Man from Snowy River Hotel offers a great lunch pub menu and also a world class fine dining menu for guests. Located opposite the Skitube building you'll have a great view of Perisher while taking in a great atmosphere.
- They're renowned for the 'Eyre Burger' and for good reason! Located at the bottom of Eyre T-Bar, make sure to stop in for a break at the licenced Alpine Eyre.
- Avalunch Café, located at the bottom of the Pretty Valley Double Chair, has some great lunch options and gives you a great view of Mt. Perisher. This is where you'll also find on mountain toilet facilities.
- Loco Mexican is located at Front Valley and provides quick and easy lunch while you take in the sights of Perisher.
- Once you unload at Mid Station from the Quad Express Chair, you'll see the Mid Perisher Centre. It's here you can get some great snacks and lunch, famous morning deals (including the $2.50 hot chocolate before 10.30am), and also a fully licensed bar serving Bavarian Wheat beer.
- The Powder Inn, located at the base of Mt. Perisher Double Chair, has some great meals and also a licensed bar, but the main reason to pay the Powder Inn a visit is for the amazing views of Mt. Perisher.
- Important Services
Perisher Post Office Open 9:00am - 5:00pm (02) 6457 5230
Perisher Pharmacy Open 8:30am - 5:30pm (02) 6457 5652
Skiducci - Fashion and Accessories Open 8:30am - 5:30pm (02) 6457 5439
Mountain Air Gifts Open 8:30am - 5:30pm (02) 6457 5488
Supermarket + Bottle Shop Open 8:00am - 6:00pm (02) 6457 5555
Hans Oversnow Transport Open 24 hours per day (02) 6457 5334 or 0418 485 144Learn more
- Shops at Perisher Valley
Slopestyle Mountain Sports
Perisher's seven Slopestyle Mountain Sports stores have an extensive selection of fashion, hardware and accessories at very competitive prices. Find all the top brands at stores conveniently located, both in Perisher Valley & Blue Cow. If you leave something behind, don't worry, Perisher has just what you need. Why not talk to one of our expert staff to assist you with finding the right ski or board to ensure you have a great time on the slopes. Open 8:00am - 5:00pm
Slopestyle Demo and Rental and Demo Centre
Try before you buy! Test drive the latest skis and snowboards during your stay at Perisher. Whether you are in the market for some new equipment or just want to see what the latest skis and boards look and feel like drop into the Slopestyle Demo Centre and select from the latest models available from Burton, Volkl, K2 and Salomon. Located slope side on the lower level of the Perisher centre, our qualified ski and board technicians would love for you to come in and have a look around. Open 8:00am - 5:00pm
Snow Beauty - Man From Snowy River Hotel
Open Daily for Facials, relaxation massage, hot stone massage, waxing, hand and feet treatments, spa packages
Open 8:00am - 5:00pm
Mid-Perisher Centre Snowzone Gifts and Gear
Open 9:00am - 5:00pm
Perisher Snowsports Hire Open
8:00am - 5:00pmLearn more