$4.2 Million Development in New Chairlift and Snowmaking
We have replaced the existing Leichhardt T-bar with a new quad chairlift! Works carried out over the 2018/2019 summer saw the Leichhardt Quad Chairlift make its Grand Opening on 6 June 2019. The investment also included the installation of additional snowmaking – bringing the total cost of the development to $4.2 million!
Replacing the Leichhardt T-bar with the new quad chairlift has brought benefits to guests visiting the resort, including:
- Increasing lifting capacity by a huge 75%, giving guests more time to ski and board popular runs including The Cleft, Powder Ridge, Snowy Trails and the Leichhardt Terrain Park.
- Replacing the steep, advanced only Leichhardt T-Bar with a user friendly chairlift will open more of the area up for children and beginners.
- The new chairlift will have the same conveyor load system as the Freedom Quad Chairlift in Guthega, making the loading process easy for all guests.
- A snowmaking installation from the bottom of Happy Valley T-bar through to the load of the new quad chairlift.
2. Lay The Foundations Removing and installing a lift is more complex than you’d think! Under the snow lies foundations of concrete.
READ MORE 3. Stand Those Towers
With Foundations and Masts for all 6 towers prepared and ready for towers to sit upon it is time to call in the heavy machinery!
5. Official Opening The new chair is officially opened by The Hon. John Barilaro, Deputy Premier, Minister for Regional New South Wales, Industry and Trade
READ MORE 6. Rewards of the Build
When the process of planning and construction is complete it is time to reap the rewards. Let’s take a look back on how it all became a reality.