Perisher Australian Ski Resort Information
Perisher Blue Pty Limited ACN 61 232 488 as trustee for Snow Trust ABN 29 420 214 757
Privacy and Security
Effective April 2014.
Commitment to privacy and responsible use of information
Perisher Blue Pty Limited ACN 061 232 488 ("we", "us") owns and operates the Perisher Ski Resort, the Skitube rack railway, the Perisher Valley Hotel and The Station. We are one of the best resorts in Australia.
We view your privacy as a serious matter. We strictly adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles, as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We undertake to promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Type of personal information we collect
The kind of information we collect depends on your relationship with us and how you use our products and services. Generally, the personal information collected may include:
- your contact details, including your name, address, phone number, fax number, email and other contact details;
- your age, date of birth and other proof of identity information (eg drivers licence);
- credit or debit card number and expiry date;
- an assessment of your skiing/boarding ability;
- transaction details, including your use of our products and services, and any special requirements or preferences you tell us about;
- details of ski-related accidents and other incidents;
- information collected as you use our facilities, including our ski lifts, which information may include information about your geographic location and the frequency with which you use our facilities; and
- taking photographs and video of you as you use our facilities.
We may collect sensitive information from you or a third party in the following circumstances:
- so that we may make any special arrangements that you require, but only if you first provide us with your express consent; and
- if there is a threat to your or someone else's health or safety (for example if you are injured) and you are unable to provide it or give consent.
Why we collect personal information
The primary purpose for which we collect and use your personal information is to provide our products and services to you. This may include:
- booking and selling accommodation, Lift Tickets, season passes, Snowsports School lessons, Winter Sports Club programs, child minding services, entry to events and Snowsports Hire;
- verifying your identity if necessary for certain services we provide;
- investigating and reporting on ski-related and other accidents;
- assisting our internal administration and operations including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, and staff training;
- providing you with information about your ski facility use, including how many runs you have completed, how often you have ridden chairlifts and the vertical distance you have skied;
- providing you with a way to combine your ski lift use information with your online profile so that you can compare your ski runs with friends and family;
- providing you with souvenir, photography and video services, including taking photographs or video of you while you are using our facilities; and
- providing you with medical services, including emergency medical services in the event that you are involved in an accident while using our facilities.
We may also collect and use your personal information for the purposes of better understanding your use of our products and services.
How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you request a product or service, in the course of providing you with that product or service, or when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect and update that information when you deal with us over the phone, by fax, by email, when you visit our websites or have contact with us in person, when you write to us or if you participate in our marketing surveys and campaigns.
We also use technology that collects information about your geographic location when you ride our ski lifts, by scanning your lift pass and using passive radio frequency readers mounted on or near our ski lifts. We may combine this information with other personal information we have collected from you.
While you are using our facilities, we may take photographs or video of you and combine this with other personal information we have collected from you. We may take photographs or video of you without us explicitly bringing the location of our cameras, photographers or videographers to your attention.
We may also collect personal information about you through third parties such as:
- a travel agent or travel wholesaler that you book through; and
- business partners with whom we have joint marketing arrangements.
Wherever practicable we will provide you with the option of interacting with us anonymously.
We may disclose your personal information to outside contractors to carry out specialised activities on our behalf. In particular, contractors may provide us with a range of administrative, information technology and other services.
We may also disclose your personal information to insurers, the police, courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities or otherwise as agreed by you or otherwise if required by law.
We may also disclose your personal information if we consider it necessary to prevent or mitigate a threat to an individual's (including your) life, health or safety.
We may use your personal information and disclose it to Perisher's related companies and to our other business partners, for the purposes of direct marketing.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us or any of these companies, please use the unsubscribe feature on our electronic marketing communications or contact us using the contact details below to update your preferences. If you make such a request we will respond as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly change your preferences to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications.
Internet and email
When you look at our websites, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) makes a record of the visit and logs certain technical information for statistical purposes, including:
- your server address and country of origin;
- your top level domain name (eg .com, .gov, .au etc);
- the date and time of visits to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited if you have been redirected via a link from another site; and
- the type of browser being used.
We may use your browsing information to better understand our guests and their needs to assist us improve our programs, services, websites and how we market our programs and services. We will not make an attempt to identify you or any other person from your browsing activities (except where it is necessary to do so in order to provide goods and services, for example, if you use our website to book accommodation or purchase goods or services).
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message or otherwise communicate your e-mail address to us. Unless we otherwise advise, your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
We are likely to disclose some of your personal information such as your name and address to organisations located outside Australia, in countries which have the same or substantially similar privacy laws, but only to the extent necessary to provide you with the products or services requested by you. The organisations are based in the United States of America.
Security of personal information
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure as required under the Privacy Act 1988.
Updating and accessing your personal information
Following a request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988. We may charge a fee for providing you with this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee in advance of providing the information.
The Privacy Officer,
Perisher Blue Pty Limited
PO Box 42,
NSW 2624 Australia