Perisher School Groups
2024 School Group Information and Pricing COMING SOON
Why bring a School Group to Perisher?
Perisher has a great range of group packages to make the most of your snow experience.
Our School Group Coordinator can provide all-inclusive ski and snowboard packages that cover everything you need from lift and lesson tickets, equipment and clothing rental, lunches.
What forms a School Group?
School Groups must be comprised of 20 or more students attending primary school (from 7 years of age) or secondary school (up to and including Year 12).
NOTE: School Group rates do not apply to tertiary education or any other social or community groups.
- Lift Tickets
Lift tickets provide the School Group access to 47 lifts across Perisher’s four (4) interlinked resort areas (Smiggin Holes, Blue Cow, Perisher Valley and Guthega).
School Group lift tickets can only be purchased in combination with lessons, and can be packaged with:
- Daily Skitube travel between Bullocks Flat to Perisher including NPWS Park Entry fees
- Rental clothing and equipment
- Lunch on mountain
- Snowsports Lessons
Perisher Snowsports School has an experienced team of local and internationally certified ski and snowboard instructors.
NOTE: School Group lessons are not available for children aged 6 years and under.
2 Hour Morning Lesson
- A daily lesson program structured to give your students the confidence they need to safely enjoy their time on the mountain.
- Our team of qualified instructors will assess the terrain and lifts suitable for each group of students and provide recommendations on where the school group can safely continue to enjoy their skiing and snowboarding once the daily lesson is complete.
- Perisher will allocate and confirm lesson times once final ski and snowboard numbers have been received.
Complimentary First Timer Lesson
- A 2-hour first timer lesson, including lift access, is offered complimentary on the afternoon prior to the first day of all 5-day packages. Pre-bookings are essential.
- This is a great introduction to learn the basics and is not offered to intermediate and advanced students.
Booking Blackout periods for the 2023 winter season:
26 June to 16 July 2023 and weekends between 24 June and 3 September 2023.
- First time skiers or snowboarders will have priority access to the earliest available morning lesson times. Lessons may change to a later time from the second day onwards.
- Lessons are assigned at a target ratio of approximately 1 instructor for every 10 students, with a minimum of 8 students of the same ability and discipline per instructor.
- If your School Group has smaller numbers of students at different ability levels or disciplines, alternative solutions are listed under Booking Conditions 3.1
- Should any member of the School Group require special assistance, contact must be made with the Groups Coordinator at the time of booking to make appropriate arrangements.
- Snowsports Rental
Enjoy the convenience of hiring your equipment from Perisher Snowsports Rental, located at Bullocks Flat, with the added benefit of storing your equipment overnight at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal.
There is an extensive range of modern equipment and clothing available.
Ski and snowboard rental packages include:
- Skiers receive the latest skis, boots and poles; Snowboarders receive wrist guards, boots and a snowboard.
- FREE helmet rental (wearing helmets is mandatory for students participating in lessons).
- Clothing rental can be added to ski and snowboard packages.
- Please Note: Gloves and goggles are no longer available for rent.
- Free Teacher Packages
School Groups receive one free package for a teacher or adult supervisor for every 10 paying students. The lift, lesson and rental package inclusions will mirror whatever has been purchased for the students.
Teachers and adult supervisors are welcome to participate in group lessons but will not count towards the student number in determining class size and instructor allocations.
Lunches are regularly available from the Blue Cow Bistro which is located on the mountain and offers a selection of healthy meals that accommodate a variety of dietary requirements.
School Groups will receive one free of charge meal for a teacher or adult supervisor for every 10 paying students.
- Skitube – Alpine Railway
Daily Skitube, including NPWS Park entry fee, can be purchased with your lift ticket. Skitube is the safest, quickest and most convenient way to get your group to Perisher.
Bullocks Flat offers ample free coach parking, allowing you to avoid snowy roads, delays and coach costs that occur when driving up to the mountain.
More information on Perisher’s Skitube service is available here .
- Night Skiing and Boarding
Night skiing & boarding under lights at Perisher is an experience like no other. FREE night skiing is included on your group’s lift ticket.
Night skiing and boarding operates on Tuesday and Saturday only from 6:00pm to 9:00pm, conditions permitting.
Find out more about Night skiing & boarding here .
The Station is the perfect base for your school's next winter adventure. Based in Jindabyne with dorm style rooms and versatile food options, The Station offers spacious and affordable accommodation for your group.
Find out more information about The Station here .
- Booking Information
To book your School Group snow trip at Perisher, please follow the below steps.
Step 1: School Group Booking Request
- Booking requests must be submitted via the online School Group Booking Request Form. We strongly recommend bookings as early as possible, to avoid disappointment.
Step 2: Confirmation of booking
- Once ski and snowboard numbers have been received, Perisher will assess your booking dates and allocate and confirm lesson location and lesson times.
- Please note that due to capacity limitations, your preferred choice may not be available and cannot be guaranteed.
- At this time, we will issue an order confirmation along with a tax invoice for a non-refundable deposit calculated at 10% of the total booking value.
Once the deposit has been received, the booking is confirmed, a contract is established, and both parties will be bound to these School Group Booking Terms and Conditions.
Step 3: Minimum 14 Days Prior to Arrival
- Please be ready to confirm the following details:
- Full name and date of birth for each participant
- Medication, food or drug allergies
- Rental information, including ski or snoboard equipment, for each participant (if applicable)
- Lunch selection (if applicable)
- In resort contact (for emergency purposes)
- Instructor allocation is determined based on the original booking request and where final student numbers materially increase, we cannot guarantee our ability to accommodate the additional participants.
- The final amount owing will be determined based on confirmed participant numbers and we will issue an updated, final order confirmation and tax invoice.
Step 4: 7 Days Prior to Arrival
- Full payment is due a minimum of 7 days prior to the group’s arrival
- Payment must be made by Direct Deposit
Please see our School Group Booking Conditions here for more details.
- School Group Pricing
2024 School Group Information and Pricing COMING SOON
- Booking Terms & Conditions
Please see here for 2023 School Group Booking Conditions
- Risk Assessment Resources
We understand that you'll need to complete a Risk Assessment for your School Group, and this is something our teams can help you with. Click here to download our Risk Assessment Information for Schools.