School Group Booking Conditions
- School Groups MUST comprise of 20 or more students.
- In addition to these School Group Booking Conditions, all School Group bookings are subject to the Booking Terms and Conditions that are available here.
- Blackout dates will apply during July School Holidays (2 to 17 July 2022) and all Weekends. School Group bookings need to be received at least 30 days prior to arrival, final numbers confirmed 14 days prior to arrival and arrangements for final payment received at least 7 days prior to arrival.
- A 10% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking confirmation.
- All School Group booking requests are subject to availability and can be changed at our absolute discretion.
1.1. Securing Your Booking
- Complete the online booking form no less than four (4) weeks prior to arrival date.
- We will issue an order confirmation along with a tax invoice for a 10% non-refundable deposit of the total booking value based on participant numbers, package selection and duration indicated on the booking form. We will issue an order confirmation along with a tax invoice for a 10% non-refundable deposit of the total booking value based on participant numbers, package selection and duration indicated on the booking form.
- Once the deposit has been received, the booking is confirmed, and a contract is established both parties will be bound to these School Group Booking Terms and Conditions.
- 14 days prior to arrival, please confirm the following details:
- Final student numbers by discipline
- Full name and date of birth for each participant
- Medication, food or drug allergies
- Rental information (if applicable)
- Lunch selections (if applicable)
- In resort contact (for emergency purposes)
- Lesson location and times will be confirmed once final student numbers by discipline have been received. Instructor allocation is determined based on the original booking request and where final student numbers materially increase, we cannot guarantee our ability to accommodate the additional participants.
- The final amount owing will be determined based on these confirmed participant numbers and we will issue an updated, final order confirmation and tax invoice issued.
- Full payment is due a minimum of 7 days prior to your arrival. School Group bookings must be paid with one payment per group; individual payments will not be accepted.
- Perisher only accepts direct deposit for payment:
|Name:||Perisher Blue Pty Ltd|
1.3 Booking Changes and Cancellations
- If the School Group amends or cancels a booking for any reason whatsoever once the 10% deposit has been paid, it will forfeit any monies paid in respect of that booking.
- Final invoice amounts will be based on the student and adult numbers confirmed by the School Group 14 days prior to arrival. There will be no refunds for unused tickets after that time where the unused ticket is not a result of injury or illness verified via medical documentation.
- In the event of an injury or illness that prevents a group member from making further use of their purchased product, a credit will be issued consistent with the remaining value of the product.
- Injury or illness must be verified via medical documentation (i.e. medical certificate dated as soon as reasonably possible, that states the injury or illness prevents the group member from continuing to ski or ride for the duration of their purchased product) presented to a Ticket Office or via email to the Groups Coordinator within 5 days of the completion of your booking.
2.1 Group Size Requirements and FOC Tickets
- School Group pricing is only for those groups that ski and board together.
- All tickets must start on the same day and be for the same duration.
- School Group pricing is not available to those who arrive on different days, stay different durations, require different tickets and/or lesson types starting on different days.
- School Group pricing applies for students in school up to and including Year 12.
- School Groups receive one free of charge adult lift ticket for every 10 paying students, provided the group meets the minimum size requirements.
2.2 Ticket Collection
- School Group ticket collection must be at the designated ticket office specified on the Group Booking Confirmation.
2.3 Lost or Stolen Tickets / Replacement Tickets
- If a student loses their assigned RFID pass there is a $5 replacement fee. Payment is required at time of replacement.
3. Snowsports Lessons:
3.1 Lesson Duration and Participation Requirements
- All participants in snowsports lessons must wear an accredited ski or snowboard helmet.
- Where the School Group has booked to participate in snowsports lesson inclusive packages, it is an absolute requirement to accurately reflect the number of students and the break-up of skiing and snowboarding participants in the confirmation sent to us at least 14 days prior to arrival. This information will be relied upon to determine the number of instructors to be assigned to your group in accordance with NSW Department of Education guidelines for outdoor activities.
- A minimum of 8 students of the same ability and discipline is required per instructor. If your School Group has smaller numbers of students at different ability levels or disciplines, the following options may apply:
- Students are placed in another lesson irrespective of their ability level or,
- The school may choose to pay for an additional instructor.
- Students are not permitted to change between skiing and snowboarding lessons without the prior consent of the parent and school principal. Students are not permitted to change between skiing and snowboarding lessons without the prior consent of the parent and school principal.
- Where an additional afternoon snowsports lesson has been requested, the Snowsports School will endeavour to assign the same instructor who took the students in the morning lesson, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
4. Equipment Rental:
4.1 Equipment Collection
- Equipment rental registration forms are required at least 14 days prior to arrival; the registration from must be sent electronically.
- Equipment rental collection must be at the designated rental outlet at the time arranged and specified on the Group Booking Confirmation.
Equipment numbers between ski and snowboard must reflect the confirmed student breakdown for ski and snowboard lessons booked and cannot be changed at time of collection without the prior consent of Perisher.
4.2 Equipment Return
- Rental equipment must be returned to the rental outlet that it was collected from unless prior arrangements have been made.
5. Lunch Supplied by Perisher:
- Lunches provided to adults and students are at a set price. Lunch selection is a guide only and not all options may be available on the requested days.
- School Groups will receive one free of charge meal for a teacher or adult supervisor for every 10 paying students.
- Lunch orders, including any special dietary requirements, must be pre-booked at least 14 days prior to arrival. The Groups Coordinator will provide a full list of meal options available prior to this time.
6. Acknowledge of Risks and Undertaking:
- The School Group Organiser acknowledges and agrees that alpine snow sports activities, including skiing, snowboarding, using lifts, snowtubing, tobogganing and snow play as described in our Terms and Conditions and risk warning, are dangerous recreational activities within the meaning of the Civil Liability Act, 2002 (NSW) and further acknowledges that all such activities are undertaken at the participants own risk and subject to certain risk warnings and the Alpine Responsibility Code click here.
- The School Group Organiser undertakes to notify all parties of the School Group booking of these School Group Booking Conditions, Perisher's Terms and Conditions including applicable risk warnings and the Alpine Responsibility Code, and further agrees to indemnify Perisher against all claims, demands, losses or liability of any kind arising from any failure to comply with this undertaking.